We’re here. In just a few days time, the IAM Weekend 16 kicks off, bringing with it talks, workshops, screenings, networking sessions, dinners and more!
After all speakers and attendees have registered the morning of Day 2, we kick off the main event with our Opening Ceremony! Here, we’ll be introducing the weekend’s theme, From Complexity to Emergence, and featuring our Opening Titles in collaboration with DEVICE.
The first talks session, hosted at Barcelona’s incredible CosmoCaixa, is entitled The Bigger Picture of Internet Culture, where attendees will learn about diversity, complexity and diplomacy in the Internet Age. After lunch, our expert speakers will cover the distribution, networks and differing perspectives of independent magazines, exploring the Futures of Niche Publications.
And then? An interlude. Featuring an IAM x Domestic Data Streamers networking collaboration called Badge Match, attendees will be brought out of their echo chambers and connected with other attendees from a huge range of backgrounds!
The final session of the first day of talks is about the Futures of Media, where speakers from the likes of the BBC, Quartz and RYOT Media will examine the digital transformation, evolution and culture of media. Come evening, we’ll dive into the Dinner Roulette! (Think Chatroulette, but with nice food, drinks…and clothes.)
From 11:30am, we’ll be exploring the Futures of Education a.k.a. Learning with educators from all over Europe, while the afternoon will see incredible curators, creators and makers investigate the Futures of Arts & Museums. Our final session (after more Badge Matching!) looks at the Futures of the Future, where our final IAM speakers are going full ~M~E~T~A~.
BUT THAT’S NOT ALL!
Day 4 sees the IAM Weekend 16 move over to the IED Barcelona, where we have some
great genuinely-so-incredible-that-we-can’t-really-believe-it workshops!
Fancy some breakfast while networking? Join the Cereal Party! Then, Once full of cereal, attendees can head into the first round of workshops. Here, they can:
- Join Moving Brands in a session of play, curiosity and (constructive) failure;
- Explore the futures of the museum with Tate;
- Create immersive, engaging public experiences with Changeist and Smithery;
- Learn more about the evolution of global power with Portland Communications.
After a short break, the final session of the entire IAM Weekend will begin. In this second round of workshops, guests can:
- Learn how to transform user insights into digital products with Made by Many;
- Push the boundaries of data visualisation with Domestic Data Streamers;
- Create a robot in 30 minutes with Oakwood;
- Join Intern Magazine and our IAM’s own Editor to reflect on the Weekend and capture the serendipity, ideas and atmosphere that have shaped their experience!
P.S. We’ll also be running a Talent Market all day for attendees to dip in and out of, showcasing projects, publications, portfolios, startups, products and services presented by IAM Family members and students of IED Barcelona!